#Amquerying Author and the Hunt for the One Yes: Chapter 1



 Chapter 1


       I haven't seen the sun in months. 

       The planet's natives, an elusive tribe known as the Literary Agents, are a mysterious and repetitive people. They live in shining, golden cities surrounded by high walls and guarded by their most ferocious warriors, a group that calls themselves The Form Rejections. 

    I've had run-ins with The Form Rejections many times. They have cold, dead eyes that see right through you. More than once I've tried to approach one of the cities with hopes of entering in, only to be smacked by the blunt sticks of the Form Rejections. As I fall to the earth, most of them utter an apologetic, ritualistic prayer over my body: "It's a subjective business."

    I don't think the Form Rejections mean me any harm. But how can I trust a group that beats me up after careful consideration?

    However, there are worse things to fear on Planet Publishing. I lay awake at night, sleeping on the decaying jungle floor, waiting for something to pounce. I've never actually seen this enemy's face, for they sneak up on you and bite you in the back without you noticing. You may not even realize for months that you've been attacked by the ferocious beast, known only as Closed, No Response.

    I once woke up to multiple bite wounds, never knowing when the monsters had hit.

    I know I'll need the Agent's help to survive the rugged terrain of Planet Publishing. If I could just make it past the Form Rejections and the Closed, No Response, then they seem like the nicest sort of people. Many of them tweet, post, insta, and blog. Not to mention they don't appear cannibalistic. Which is a plus.

    They're the best people to help me on my mission. The reason I came to Planet Publishing in the first place: My hunt for the one yes.

Stay tuned for chapter two.

    

Comments

Popular Posts