This post has no picture... on purpose

This post has no picture . . . on purpose.

Sometimes, as a writer and general human with responsibilities, I find myself easily overwhelmed. I'm plotting, I'm writing, I'm editing, I'm querying, I'm worrying about querying, I'm pretending not to worry about querying, I'm blogging about pretending not to worry about querying, I'm tweeting about blogging about pretending not to worry about querying.

You get it.

So this is your reminder to make writing work for you. If your writing routine is stressing you out, change it. Set smaller goals or a time limit. Maybe don't live on social media when you could be writing.

Write in a way that brings you happiness. 

Maybe that means having a thirty minute limit on how long you spend querying or writing each day. Maybe that means that you have a goal to do X and Y before you can get to Z. Maybe that means that on today's blog post, you don't stress about having a picture. 

Of course you have to commit. Of course you have to dedicate yourself. But do it in a way you enjoy. I spend a considerable amount of time writing and editing, but that's partially because I have found a way to fit it into my family's day in a way that we all enjoy.

Keep calm and query on!

Comments

Popular Posts