Why you should create a playlist for your book

 

Photo by Tomasz Galowski via Unsplash



    I didn't used to create playlists for the books I write, and now I make one for each of my WIP's (Work in Progress). 

   Why? Why would I add something else to my busy schedule that is clearly extra?
     
    Is it, though? Is creating playlists an extra step in my creative process? The short answer: No. When I'm writing or plotting or even just mulling over my story, I can put on the playlist and escape into the world I am creating through music.

    Putting together a playlist is easy. Either you go through the music you have and select songs that would work for all, or even just a section, of your book. Or whenever you hear a song that would match your book, you add it to the playlist.
   
    Songs are a great source of inspiration for me, so I like to find songs that match the theme of a particular scene and add it to the list.

    Try putting together a playlist, and I promise it will be worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts