100 Queries Week! Wednesday



If you haven't read Monday's post, check it out HERE. Also check out Tuesday.

For today's party post statistic, I figured I'd ask the question:

How many different query letters did I use?

I keep very thorough logs, so I can tell you with certainty that I used 6 different versions of my query letter. I chose to move on from each version when I didn't like the responses I was getting or I thought I'd try a different approach.

For example, the first version had a small section that gave the completely wrong impression of my book. 

What can I say? You learn from what you do and then try to improve. 

It's hard, because my positive responses have not been immediate. Which means that by the time I'm getting a positive response on a query letter, I've probably already changed it. I don't know what to do about that, but I'm doing my best.

I'll be celebrating today by having some writing time!

Comments

Popular Posts