Oops! 100 Queries Week! Thursday


If you haven't read Monday's post, check it out HERE. Also check out Tuesday and Wednesday

Oops! I forgot to post this yesterday! Thanks to my blunder, I'll post the last two blog posts today. 

Today's 100 queries party statistic answers the following question:

What has been my slowest response? Also, what was my fastest response?

From the first batch of six queries I sent out, I never heard from two of them. Which means the longest query I've had out is going on six months.

The fastest response I've received came the same day that I sent it. I've only had one agent get back to me the same day on this project, so this response has definitely been the fastest. 

As a side, most of my positive replies have come a considerable time after sending the query. For example, one came four months later. I know that in publishing time, four months is nothing. But don't let anyone tell you that if you don't hear back within a week it's the same as a rejection. I've had people tell me things like this before and it just isn't true. Nothing is the same as a rejection except for, well, a rejection.

Keep calm and query on!

Comments

Popular Posts